Electric Dryer GTD46EDMNWS
Table of contents
- Safety Instructions
- Operating Instructions
- Control Panels
- Dryer Features
- Loading and Using the Dryer
- Venting the Dryer
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Consumer Support
- Consumer Support
- This feature is active in all cycles except Timed Dry, Warm Up and Air Fluff.
- The Sensor Dry provides greater drying accuracy than standard machines, resulting in shorter dry times and better clothes care. As the clothes tumble, they touch a moisture sensor. The sensor will stop the heating cycle as soon as the clothes have reached the selected dryness.
- This dryer will adjust the initial estimated drying time of the sensor dry cycles as it “learns” its installation and usage profile. Please allow several weeks for the dryer to customize itself to “you”.
Alloy Steel Drum (on some models)
- The alloy steel used to make the dryer drum provides the highest reliability available in a GE dryer. If the dryer drum should be scratched or dented during normal use, the drum will not rust or corrode. These surface blemishes will not affect the function or durability of the drum.
Drying Rack (on some models)
- A handy drying rack may be used for drying delicate items such as washable sweaters.
- Hook the rack over the lint filter so the rack extends into the dryer drum.
- The drying rack must be used with the Timed Cycle.
- Do not use this drying rack when there are other clothes in the dryer.
- Before replacing the light bulb, be sure to unplug the dryer power cord or disconnect the dryer at the household distribution panel by removing the fuse or switching off the circuit breaker. Reach above dryer opening from inside the drum. Remove the bulb and replace with the same size bulb.
Sorting and Loading Hints
- As a general rule, if clothes are sorted properly for the washer, they are sorted properly for the dryer.
- Do not add fabric softener sheets once the load has become warm. They may cause fabric softener stains. Bounce® Fabric Conditioner Dryer Sheets have been approved for use in all GE Dryers when used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not overload. This wastes energy and causes wrinkling.
- Do not dry the following items: fiberglass items, woolens, rubber-coated items, plastics, items with plastic trim and foam-filled items.